NOTE: On December 16th, our administrative office will be closed from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
Click here to view recent changes to the Ohio concealed handgun law
NEW APPLICANT INFORMATION IS LISTED BELOW
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT RENEWING YOUR LICENSE
New and Renewal Applications are accepted:
(No Appointment Needed)
Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, (holidays and other posted dates excluded)
APPLICATION HOURS ARE:
Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (excluding Holidays).
No appointment is necessary.
We stop accepting applications PROMPTLY at 4:00 p.m., or sooner than 4:00 p.m. if there are people waiting to obtain a WebCheck or Concealed Handgun License that will occupy the clerk's time until our admin. office closes at 4:30 PM.
If you arrive minutes before 4:00 p.m. without a complete concealed carry application and exact change in cash, or there is a line of people waiting to obtain a WebCheck or Concealed Handgun License that occupies the clerk's time until our admin. office closes at 4:30 PM...you will be directed to come back another day to apply.
Applications are NOT Accepted on the Following dates:
New Year's Day 2nd Day of January
Martin Luther King Jr., Day 3rd Monday of January
President's Day 3rd Monday of February
Memorial Day Last Monday of May
Independence Day Holiday 4th day of July
Labor Day 1st Monday of September
Columbus Day 2nd Monday of October
Veteran's Day 11th Day of November
Thanksgiving Day 4th Thursday of November
Friday after Thanksgiving Friday following the 4th Thursday of November
Christmas Day December 25th
Download the "Ohio's Concealed Carry Law" booklet
The legal requirements for a concealed handgun license issued by the
Clermont County Sheriff are:
- 21 years of age or older
- Legal Resident of United States & resident of Ohio for past 45 days
- Resident of Clermont, Hamilton, Warren, Clinton, or Brown Counties
(Butler County residents may NOT apply in Clermont County).
- Completion of a 12 hour gun safety course (within last 3 years, or equivalent certification-see instruction link above for details and LE & Military exemptions)
- Filling out an application with the Sheriff's Office
- Submit a COPY of your training certificate with the application
(we cannot make a copy for you. If you submit the original, it will not be returned)
- Providing a recent (within 30 days) color facial photo of the applicant (approx. 2"x2")
- Payment of a non-refundable fee:
$67.00 for residents of Ohio for the LAST FIVE CONSECUTIVE YEARS or more. If you have not been an Ohio resident FOR THE LAST FIVE CONSECUTIVE YEARS, the fee is $91.00. Payment may be in cash (EXACT CHANGE), money order or CERTIFIED CASHIER'S check payable to: CCSO CCW License Fund.
- Criminal and Mental competency background checks
Disqualifying factors may be viewed here.
Please review these factors BEFORE submitting your application and non-refundable fee.
Applicants will have their fingerprints taken for a record check, and license data entered into the computer at the time they submit their application on a first come-first served basis.
NOTE: Applicants must provide a color photo of their face (approx. 2" x 2") taken within the past 30 days, attached to the application.
Applicants must appear in person for the process, and must bring a state issued photo ID
(ex: driver’s license, state ID).
You will be telephoned to pick up your license after it has been processed and entered in the law enforcement computer.
NOTE: Our office number may appear on your phone as "513", or "Unknown Caller". If no one answers, we will leave a voice message.
You may come to our office at any time (24 hours a day) to pick up your license. You must pick up your license in person; they may not be mailed or picked up by a second party.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL to check on the status of your application after we have received it unless you fail to hear from us for 45 days. If you were fingerprinted at the jail as part of the application process, your license completion time will be longer than if processed with an electronic WebCheck fingerprint. Ohio law allows up to 45 days for processing applications, although we make every effort to complete the process as quickly as possible.
After picking up your concealed handgun license, please be aware of the following information:
- Your license is now entered into the law enforcement computer system.
- An officer stopping any vehicle registered to you will be aware the registered vehicle owner has a concealed handgun license.
- If stopped by an officer while carrying a handgun, the license holder must follow the procedures outlined in the current "Ohio's Concealed Carry Law" booklet.
- Please store the license in the sleeve provided, or consider using an adhesive plastic laminate to protect the face of the card (carrying license in wallet behind plastic window may damage card).
Card Replacement Fees
$ 5.00 Replace damaged license - damaged license turned in; duplicate card printed.
$15.00 Replace a lost or stolen license - complete affidavit of loss/theft (provided by our office), process new license with photo & signature, assign new license number, modify license number in law enforcement computer.
If you wish to obtain a replacement Concealed Handgun License displaying your new address, you must apply in person on the application dates and times listed above. The cost is $15.00 - (Modify record in CHL computer with new address, print replacement license, enter new address information in law enforcement computer). Payment must be in cash (exact amount), money order, or cashier’s/certified check (NO uncertified personal or business checks are accepted). Make the money order/certified or cashier’s check payable to: CCSO CCW License Fund.
Change of Address
Ohio law requires you to notify the Sheriff's Office at which you obtained your Concealed Handgun License within 45 days after an address change. Address changes sent by email are not accepted.
You may download an address change form (Acrobat PDF File) and send by U.S. Mail to:
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Concealed Carry License
4470 State Route 222
Batavia, Ohio 45103-9777
This process, required by law, modifies the record held by our agency in the event you need to be contacted regarding a suspension, revocation, or administrative purpose.
NOTE: Ohio Concealed Handgun License law states that you must be a resident of Ohio to possess an Ohio concealed carry license. Once our office is notified that you are no longer an Ohio resident, your license is inactivated. Ohio law states that you must notify us within 45 days of any address change.
CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE RENEWAL
Licenses issued prior to March 14, 2007 are valid for 4 years from the date printed on the license.
Licenses issued on or after March 14, 2007 are valid for 5 years from the date printed on the license.
An Ohio Concealed Handgun License (CHL) may be renewed no more than 90 days before the expiration date printed on the license, and at any time after expiration.
Visit the Concealed Handgun License Renewal Page
The Ohio Attorney General's website contains an information page including the required reading booklet "Ohio's Concealed Carry Law", Frequently Asked Questions, and an Instructor search index.
To learn about reciprocity with other states, click here.
More information regarding the concealed carry law may be obtained at www.OhioCCW.org or www.buckeyefirearms.org These organizations are not affiliated with the Clermont County Sheriff's Office, nor is the accuracy of their website content verified by our office.
Southwest Ohio Area Concealed Handgun License Instructors
NOTE: These concealed handgun training providers are not affiliated with the Clermont County Sheriff's Office, nor is the validity of their certification as NRA or OPOTC instructors verified by our office. This partial instructor list is on our website at the request of the below instructors as a convenience to the public.
A VALID CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE COURSE IS 12 HOURS IN DURATION:
10 HOURS OF CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION AND 2 HOURS OF LIVE FIRE RANGE INSTRUCTION.
SUBMITTING A FRAUDULENT TRAINING CERTIFICATE WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE APPLICATION IS A FELONY CRIMINAL OFFENSE ( O.R.C. 2921.13C ).
Review the Minimum Educational Requirements before enrolling in a training course
- Ryan Sullivan 513-693-3578
- Target World (Charles Gilbert, Mgr.) 513-772-3343
- Cross Creek Guns -Hillsboro (Michael Cornett) 937-515-1806 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southwest Ohio Tactical (Patrick Mayer) 1-513-933-9136
- Mad Duck Training (John D Farquhar) 937-787-4414 email@example.com
- Southern Hills Career Center Georgetown, Ohio 937-378-6131 ext. 357
- Paul D. Lewis 513-877-2339, 513-678-7326 PDL202WW@aol.com
- Basic Defense Institute (Wm. Schroeder) 513-722-8833
- Collin Rink 513-673-9473
- Norwood Police Academy 2600 Park Ave. Norwood Ohio 45212- Contact Sgt. M. Rankin or Ptl. B. Ward 513-458-4521
- Jerry Hazlett 513-351-5260 (H) 513-205-7501 (C) SFCJerry@fuse.net
- CCW For You - Jeff Smith 513-741-0005
- Barry W. Rhoten 513-549-4045 AdvancedShooting.com CincinnatiCCW.com
- Woodhill Personal Protection Group 513-353-3361
- Great Oaks Career Campuses- Sharonville 513-612-5742 or 513-612-5899
- Scott Strauss (Anderson Twp. area) 513-623-0131 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Millennium Tact. Defense Don Hency (Clermont, Brown, Hamilton Co.)
- Joe Housley 513-218-9532 JHousleysr@aol.com
- Thomas L. Knight 513-509-9690 (Clermont/Hamilton/Brown Counties)
- Jeff Neal (Milford Area) 513-289-2386 email@example.com
- On Target Concealed Carry Jeremy Curnutte 513-376-1606 firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.ccwconcepts.com Paul D. Healey & Darian Bookman
(Hamilton/Butler/Warren Counties) 513-678-7380 or 513-240-8914 email@example.com
- An American Lawman Training Company (Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, Warren Co.) 513-237-9423 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Little Miami Tactical Paul Lewis, Mark Reising, Wm. Smith (Morrow area)
- Great Oaks Concealed Carry Course, Sharonville. 513-612-5742 513-612-5899
- Milford Martial Arts Academy (Fred Fatute 513-309-1121)
- David Schmitt - 513-505-3431 TigerEyeSpy@aol.com
- Philip Peters 513-939-6448 (Clermont, Warren, Brown, Hamilton)
- Tactical Defense Institute -John Benner 937-544-7228 West Union,OH email@example.com
- Freedom First Concealed Carry (Anderson Twp.)- Jeff Pennington 513-315-1507
- American Lawman Training- Andrew Davis 513-578-7960
(Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, Warren Co.)
- W.T. Training - (Batavia) Dave Evans, 513-374-8699
- Old Paths CCW - Ken Howard - 937-286-9931 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raymond Diss - Loveland, 513-378-8110, 513-683-4267 email@example.com
- Michael Lynn - 513-474-1540 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Caudill - 937-444-2591 email@example.com
- Pat Olvey - 513-478-8887 SW Ohio CCW NRA & OPOTA (HR218) Instructor
- Kevin Austin - 513-322-2950 PersonalCCW.com (Hamilton & Warren Cty.)
- Harold Fix - 513-225-6353 (Milford, Clermont Cty.)
- Gunslinger Firearm Training - 513-544-8627 GunslingerCCW@gmail.com (Clermont,Brown Co.)
- Jon Tharpe - 513-532-1724 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Point Blank Academy - 513-322-5070 email@example.com
- Tracy Callahan - 513-508-5891 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advantage Firearms Training -Scott Irvin - 513-553-0391
www.facebook.com/advantage.firearms Clermont County, New Richmond
- Frank Zuccala - 513-260-2276 - Clermont County, Anderson Twp. Areas
- Conceal Cincinnati -(513) 403-9633 -Brad Krumme - email@example.com
If you discover an invalid link, email address or phone number in the instructor list, please notify the webmaster.