There are actions that you can take to ensure methamphetamine manufacturing is not occurring in your neighborhood. Drug dealers and methamphetamine manufacturers have common habits which are easily observed. Listed below are some of these common habits. If you observe any combination of these activities, repot your concerns to law enforcement immediately.
Do Not Confront Your Neighbor With Your Suspicions Or Enter A Suspected Lab.
Any single activity may or may not be sole proof that drug dealing or methamphetamine manufacturing is occurring. However, a combination of the following may be reason for concern:
- Frequent visitors at all times of the day or night
- Activity at the house is usually at odd hours or late at night.
- Occupants appear unemployed, yet seem to have plenty of money and pay bills with cash.
- Occupants are unfriendly, appear secretive about activities.
- Occupants watch cars suspiciously when they pass by.
- Occupants display a paranoid or odd behavior.
- Extensive security at the home or signs that indicate "Private Property" or "Beware of Dog", fences, large shrubs, bushes and trees.
- Windows blackened or curtains always drawn.
- Occupants go outside the house to smoke cigarettes.
- Chemical odors coming from the house, garbage or detached buildings.
- Garbage contains numerous bottles, containers, and materials such as those displayed in this brochure. (See next page)
- Coffee filters, bed sheets or other material stained from filtering red phosphorus or other chemicals.
- Occupants sets his garbage for pick up in another neighbor's collection area.
- Evidence of chemical or waste dumping (i.e. burn pits, or "dead spots" in the yard.)
- What have others in your neighborhood observed?