CLERMONT COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
A. J. Rodenberg, Jr., Sheriff
"Leadership By Example"
Office (513) 732-7500
To: All Media
From: A.J. “Tim” Rodenberg, Jr.
Date: July 26, 2007
Re: Drug Round-up in New Richmond and Felicity, Ohio
New Richmond, Ohio – A six-month intensified investigation into drug trafficking focused in areas along the Ohio River has resulted in the indictment of 17 persons on 35 felony charges. After seven (7) individuals were charged and arrested in December of 2006, the Clermont County Narcotics Unit intensified the investigation and began the second phase which lead to additional indictments by the Clermont County Grand Jury. These individuals were all identified as mid-level traffickers in crack cocaine, cocaine, heroin, Oxycontin, Valium, morphine, Percocet, marijuana, Vicodin, and clonazepam. These charges all stem from trafficking in or around the New Richmond area, though many of those indicted reside outside of the village. Clermont County Deputies and officers from New Richmond Police Department are aggressively pursuing those indicted yesterday hoping to have most, if not all, in custody by the weekend. The investigation resulted after we received numerous leads and information from community leaders and residents about suspicious behavior in and around New Richmond. Chief Deputy Rick Combs said, “The community was most helpful in this investigation. In drug cases, the more significant information you can gather from the eyes and ears of the neighborhood the better. These types of involved investigations are extremely complicated and take weeks if not months to gather enough information to complete the case.” Combs said the investigation will continue and hopefully net further indictments and arrests.
Hopefully, this investigation and roundup will put a short-term dent in the drug business in New Richmond, however, we must continue to work leads and information on new suspects who come to our county to peddle their products. We have learned from the recent past that illegal drug activity in Clermont County continues to be a problem. This is one of many cases that illustrate how critical the Clermont County Narcotics Unit is in the law enforcement effort within our county. It is widely known that drug traffickers commit other felonies such as burglary, robbery, and thefts to fund their drug habit. Those named in the indictments of July 25, 2007, along with their ages and addresses are listed below. Photographs will be available upon their arrest by contacting Mary Gregory at 732-7405; further details will be released to you as they become available.
- David Masterson, age 52, 3970 Piccadilly Circle Apt. F, Cincinnati, OH 45255
- James Phipps, age 48, 2755 State Route 132 Lot 150, New Richmond, OH 45157
- Vallie Ward, age 48, 410 Bear Creek, Moscow, OH 45153
- Bridget Sanchez, age 30, 213 Congress St. New Richmond, OH 45157
- Anna Marck, age 24, 1560 Bethel-New Richmond Rd. #103, New Richmond, OH 45157
- Candice Huth, age 40, 301 Vine St., New Richmond, OH 45157
- Paula Workman, age 39, 2840 US 52, Chilo, OH 45112
- Charles McFarland, age 48, 1902 Pearl St. New Richmond, OH 45157
- Roger Sanchez, age 40, 213 Congress St. New Richmond, OH 45157
- Ima Anderson, age 37, 409 Market St. #3, New Richmond, OH 45157
- Patricia Oldiges, age 57, 409 Market St. #1, New Richmond, OH 45157
- Harry Donell, age 41, 820 Washington St. New Richmond, OH 45157
- Rebecca Donell, age 36, 820 Washington St. New Richmond, OH 45157
- Adam Loughner, age 23, 3885 Bennett Rd, Bldg.2, Apt 3, New Richmond, OH 45157
- Jason Jump, age 31, 2780 Lindale Mt. Holly Rd. #146, New Richmond, OH 45157
- Richard “Ricky’ McMurray, age 42, 411 Market St. New Richmond, OH 45157
- Vicki O’Neal, age 41, 714 Market St. New Richmond, OH 45157
Felicity, Ohio - Five (5) individuals have been indicted on six (6) charges for their involvement in trafficking of heroin either within the village or traveling inside the village involving sales of narcotics. The investigation is in the beginning stages and we look forward to focusing on more targets and filing additional charges in the months ahead. The Clermont County Narcotics Unit became aware of the surge of heroin about a year ago. Now we are seeing the effects of its return in Clermont County. Photographs of those indicted are available after arrest by calling Mary Gregory at 732-7405. The Clermont County Narcotics Unit is comprised of officers from the Clermont County Sheriff’s Office, Union and Miami Township Police, and City of Milford Police Department.
- Daniel A. Yauger, age 56, 609 Main St. Felicity, OH 45120
- Etta Jane Yauger Age 53, 609 Main St. Felicity, OH 45120
- Earl Conn, age 72, 507 Main Street, Felicity, OH 45120
- Marcus Armacost, age 27, 2583 Bethel Maple Road, Bethel, OH 45106
- Tamara Shafer, age 45, 126 Southern Trace, Cincinnati, OH 45255